Thursday, October 7, 2010

Little Fairs :)

The community that my Grandfather (technically in law) lives in has a little fair kinda thing every year. This year was the most well attended I have seen it. The girls have started to remember it, and love going.
There were all kinds of attractions. Hubby liked the blacksmith. There was a cane sugar guy. And a BBQ lunch with raffle door prizes. Bands and singing, as well as the Prettiest Rooster Contest. Who wants to miss that?!?!
There was also face painting. The girls went first. I didn't even think Dylan was interested. But, he "eh"-ed his way up into the chair and held still for the lady to do a quick painting. He even had to use the mirror to see the end result. Just like his sisters. Monkey see....
This is what Kaitlyn picked out. The "Scary Hat".
This is what she looked like after one trip down the water slide thingy...
Not her favorite, apparently.
This is what Kari looked like after one trip down the Shark.
And there she goes....
It didn't take more than once for her to get hooked.
While Dylan kept getting closer and closer.
I think he thought we wouldn't notice if he did it slowly. We couldn't let him go because there were several "big kids" and we didn't think he could hold his own. Surprisingly, Kari elbowed her way through with the best of them :)
Going back to the car after a fun day.
I just couldn't resist taking the picture :)

3 cool people read this:

Kris and Teresa said...

That looks like tons of fun!

Laura said...

That does look like fun! I love the "scary hat." How much $ does this fair cost?

Mickellerox said...

I want to sling a tiny 3 year old nonchalantly over my shoulder! Looks like you all had lots 'o' fun! And it looks like it was a pretty day. Fun times! :)