Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Get Ready

I am not above taking a week off the computer. For doing un-computer-y things. However, that isn't what this last week was for. We took our last "during the school year" vacation and went up to VA to visit with my in-laws, culminating in my 10 year high school reunion. While I failed to take any pictures of my fellow classmates, I did enjoy the visit :)
However, the week leading up the reunion, I am loaded down with pictures. So, prepare yourself for a picture over load, the likes of which you may remember from my last vacation. :)
We left Friday after hubby got off work, loaded up the chillens, and drove all night to get to my Sister in law's house. She was nice enough to give us the morning off (as the children had thankfully slept a majority of the time up) and we just relaxed for the remainder of the day. However, the following day, we took everyone to go horseback riding at this little ranch up in North Western Virginia.

Just look at the scenery! The weather was great also! It couldn't have been a more perfect day.

I will have to say that this was my most enjoyable horseback riding experience.
I am no horseback riding expert, but with a hubby like mine,
I have had several opportunities to stop and smell the manure :)
(translation: nose to butt trail rides).
This time was different in that the owner of the horses first
gauged our ability to ride and feel comfortable while in the arena.
Then, he set us loose on his 400-something acres to fend for ourselves. This picture is my darling SIL tending the children while hubby and I went out for a ride by ourselves.
I have umpteen pictures of both the girls on the horses. So much so, they
will have to each have their own posts (I told you to be ready).
However, this is after hubby and I got back. We let Dylan sit on the horse.
He wasn't exactly sure about it at first. However, before the afternoon was through,
he didn't want to get off his either.
Like father like son. Thankfully, however,
hubby didn't fall to the ground kicking and screaming :)

2 cool people read this:

Laura said...

Kenna would have been scared out of her mind, I'm pretty sure. Good job Dyl! That does look like such a beautiful area too. There's a lot of places here in Utah that look just like that... Hhmmm? Just a thought! ;)

Mickellerox said...

I wanna ride horses!!! Looks like so much fun! And I love Dylan's little sad face where it looks like Justin is going to help him off the horse. Too cute.