This is the part where I admit that I am not perfect. I know. I know. That is totally mind blowing to you! At the end of the kids spring break, we decided to go down to Pa's house. It had been a few months since we had gone, and we wanted to "go" somewhere, even though we didn't have a lot of budget (since we just got back from UT). Pa's house it is! We invited our friends to go with us, and Nana and Pop would be meeting us after a day. My friend (who Kelsey calls Santa, just without a hard T) came down with me on Friday morning. As we pulled off the exit, I turned to Santa and said "I don't know if we can get in." I had never gone down to Pa's house with no one else living there or waiting on me. So I called hubby and said "Um, how are we supposed to get into the house?" To which he responded "With this key that is in my truck." Well, that is great! Hubby was planning on joining us later that evening, but he hadn't left work yet, so we had at least a 3 hour wait ahead of us. We picked up lunch and decided to have a bit of a picnic on the porch (which is unlocked). Friday happened to be a bit on the warm side (thankfully not too hot) which turned out to be a blessing (because the AC broke shortly after we got in the house).
Dylan is a bit of a pill lately. He has decided he doesn't always love to pose for pictures. Joy. Love the hair though.
So after we ate, Santa and I looked around to see if we could break into the house anywhere. It was a no go.
Thankfully, we had food, some toys and books, and 400 acres of bathroom, so we were actually not too badly off.
After eating, and looking criminally intent, and wondering what we were going to do for about 45 minutes, a neighbor and relative happened to be driving by. And not only that, but being the closest neighbor to the old house, he also happens to have a key. And not only that, but he had the key. ON HIM!
So, we really only waited for about 45 minutes, most of which were spent eating or playing. So the kids hardly noticed the hiccup at all!
And I got to bust out my camera and take pictures of my little orphan, who wouldn't let me do her hair that morning, and who has also perfected her newest post for the camera. I lovingly refer to it as her "beaver face".
Santa was a good sport about the whole thing.
She even helped to keep the kids entertained.
We love our Santa :)
While I was at Pa's house, I took over 200 pictures. Literally. The weather was beautiful, the light was pretty great, and we had friends and family to hang out with. It was a pretty great weekend. Which translates to: be prepared for a picture overload.
2 cool people read this:
YAY for neighbors and more pictures to come and Santa! :) Those red cheeks of Dylan's is so cute too. :)
Yeah- not a shabby place to wait at all!
Post a Comment