Friday, April 10, 2015

Kelsey Potty Training, Part 2

Remember a while ago I said we had giving potty training a try?  We didn't really get very far.  I knew we were travelling to UT and I really didn't want to have to worry about accidents in the plane, or spend tons of time in airport bathrooms.  So, we tabled it.
 She is finally getting hair!  Enough to braid :)
 Well, we got back from UT and tried again.  This time, it took!  
 She was peepee trained within the week.  #2 took a bit longer.  I guess it was frightening.  But we are at 3 weeks, and I am pretty comfortable with taking her on errands or going to church.  Within the first week, so was going down for naps with panties, and now, 3 weeks in, she can get through overnight without any accidents either!  Yes Kelsey, I am talking about panties and accident.
 In the last week, she has even gone without any help.  Complete set of going, flushing, and washing hands!  Without having to be reminded!
 Yay for Kelsey!

Funny story, when she was first going #2 in the potty, it involved a lot of crying and mostly accidental pushing.  Hubby said it sounded a lot like an L&D unit because I would be in there trying to calm her down, telling her to breathe and push.  The first time we had a successful trip (with minimal crying), she finally finished and looked down and said "Dats big!"  The next time she went, she looked down and said "Dats a baby poopie.  Wah wah!"  She is a funny girl!

She also went through a phase where she asked for "leaves and sauce".  I'm glad she wants to be healthy!  Though she has always been my best veggie eater!
There she is!  My class clown!

3 cool people read this:

Alyson said...

LOL, leaves and sauce. Yay for no more diapers! That's a big deal! So have another baby for me, and get back into the diapers phase ;)

Becca said...

Potty trained?!!? YAY!!! I love this girls expressions...so funny! :) leaves and sauce...sounds good.

Laura said...

Such a huge milestone! So proud!