Thursday, November 14, 2013

Handsome Feller

Ok.  Maybe it isn't all about Kelsey ;)  By the way, that title reminds me of the joke that my dad used to tell us that starts with "One smart feller and he felt smart" and ends with "One fart smeller and he smelt fart."  Good ol' Dad! (by the way, no I don't remember the middle of the joke :)

Do you ever have those days when you look at your child, and suddenly s/he looks older.  Like 3 minutes ago he was still a baby-ish 3 yr old, and when you come back from washing the sticky off your hands (because, as a SAHM, your hands are always sticky), he is suddenly a grown up 4 year old!  This happened to me recently.  

I went through Dylan's drawers to find out how much of a new fall wardrobe I needed to find for the dude.  Turns out, like, the whole thing.  So we went shopping and brought home new clothes, and the silly boy cried and cried as I took out his old clothes.  He had grown quite attached to them, you see.  He even told me he was going to stop eating healthy food so he would stop growing.

On this day, he came down in his new jeans, and a new shirt, and he just looked so.... so....  grown up.  It made me sad, but it also struck me how handsome and cute he looked.  So I asked him to go stand by my favorite picture taking wall and let me take a few pics.  He obliged, but his little copy cat sister had to get in on the action too.
Here she is applauding him for a smile well done :)
I asked him to cross his arms and wink at me.
He tried both sides.
So did Kelsey :)
No more baby fat.  No more chubby cheeks. 
Lots more attitude.  Oh well.  At least he is still cute :)

3 cool people read this:

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

Cute!!! Yes, we totally have that with both of the boys. Lincoln can actually turn it on/off at will- looking older or younger depending on what better suits his needs for what he's asking us to do. :)

Laura said...

Impressive winking! I had those same sentiments when I went through the kids' clothes to get ready for winter. And I also think that about Anna sometimes when she's woken up from a nap and I'm positive she's grown an inch in her sleep!

Becca said...

Wow he does look older!!! What a cute, handsome boy! :) Sad when those moments happen and they grow up so fast. Also too sweet that he loves his clothes.