Monday, November 18, 2013

Baby Technology

Kelsey is teething.  Which seems to affect her mostly at night.  During the day she is ok, but come evening she transforms into the needyclingywhiney monster.  Yay.  The other day, I needed my arms.  I needed my freedom.  I needed my sanity!  I tried to brainstorm something to keep her entertained.  Kelsey is in the stage where she is starting to be interested in movies and things.  It is both a blessing and a curse.  I would love for her to never be interested in TV, but the realist in me realizes that there are times when I need to distract her.  Enter the computer.  I don't even remember what the kids were doing.  I think they were playing on Zoodles.
But it enthralled Kelsey enough for me not only to get done what I needed to, but for me to take an extra 15 seconds to take a cute picture.
 And what do you do when your children are quiet?  Why you go look for them, of course!  On this particular day, I noticed while I was exercising that Kelsey was no longer hanging out downstairs with me, and that Dylan was particularly quiet.  This is what I came upstairs to find.
Yay for technology and for some temporary sanity for mommy!

3 cool people read this:

Becca said...

Yay for technology!!! Waiting for the day when I can have Preston distracted by colorful images on the TV.

Alyson said...

1. I often read in parenting magazines when my kids were little, "Don't use the TV to babysit your children." WHATEVER. What else the heck WOULD I use it for? Babysitter. That's what the TV is.

2. Once upon a time I was watching a TV show and the mother in the show was trying to be sympathetic to a whiny sick child. She said, "I'm sorry, hon, I'll get the baby aspirin." The kid said, "I'M NOT A BABY." The mom said, "My mistake. I'll get the little monster aspirin." So true, sometimes, right?

Dan and Laura said...

I love Dylan's boots in this picture!